Saturday, April 29, 2006

Saturday in the Park

Between all the busy-ness and business of today, I got to spend a couple hours outside. Everyone keeps posting all these Spring images everywhere so I thought I'd do the same. If not in attempt to savor the season then at least to show off.


This tree is one of the main reasons I bought my house. It's this beautiful about three weeks out of the year and I can see it from the window. Otherwise, it's a mess and not very attractive for the other 49 weeks. You see what I base decisions on now, huh?










The tulips are holding on for a few more days.











And finally, Colorado's attempt at a Palm tree.















I would so not make it if I had to live in the city.

8 comments:

justacoolcat said...

Is that a lilac?
Is so my white lilac isn't even close to flowering.

Great pics.

deepThoughts said...

Lovely pics...I love that tree and the tulips :)

Sizzle said...

pretty! i love tulips.

justrun said...

The tree is an apple, of the crab variety.
The tulips are my favorite, too.

GirlGoyle said...

Oh hey...I'm liking the palm tree attempt. Poor little thing looks like it's doing just fine. It's got a good head on it. You look like you have a lovely garden. I look at mine and I want to cry. Still...so totally agree with you on not being able to live in the city. I pray every day that I never have to live in the city again.

Bre said...

those tulips are so full!

I'm no good if I don't have grass around either! :)

Runner Girl FL said...

The tulips are beautiful. They don't do so well down here. I guess we don't get cold enough for us to warm up for them or something.

Neil said...

Spring... everyone's favorite season! The tulips look perfect.