Monday, November 13, 2006

Undeniable

Me: Have you guys decided where you're going to build yet?

Mom: We're thinking about the land down South. It's warmer down there and a closer drive for me.

Me: Don't you have to have a septic tank out there?

Mom: Yep, but it's already on the property. It's brand new.

Me: Have they changed something in septic tanks or can you still not use Clorox?

Mom: What?

Me: I don't think you can use bleach or certain chemicals with a septic tank.

Mom: Oh my god, I hope not. I would die without Clorox!


There are times when I have no doubt in my mind that we are mother and daughter. Sure, we have the same blue eyes and same color hair but what really convinces me is our need to have things really, really clean.

9 comments:

Backofpack said...

Don't you just love it when it becomes apparent that you ARE your MOTHER!

Anonymous said...

Come live with me and clean my apartment? Please?

Runner Girl FL said...

I was telling my Mom just the other day that my house is a mess because I have too many things on my plate at the moment and that I hoped to clean it soon. I heard a snicker on the other end of the phone....I think she remembers when it was like pulling teeth to get me to help, and she was out of her mind with a dirty house. Now I'm out of my mind.

Sizzle said...

cute! much better than having a moment where you realize you are being a martyr and you inherited that from you mother. not that that has happened to me recently or anything... ahem! ;)

Unknown said...

I inherited an OCD-like need to do dishes from my mother. My wife loves it but sometimes I feel like my world is spinning out of control.

Oh, wait... that is just the soapy water spinning down the drain. Never mind.

Anonymous said...

BoP- Yes, and it's happened in ways I'm still not ready to admit.

Bre- If I could find the time, I would. :)

RGF- Ain't that the truth!?

Sizzle- My mom is so mellow, her martyr style is almost stealth-like. It's going to take me a while to learn that.

Josh- I always find it funny that I can be so OCD about some things yet I will totally let the dog lick me.

Margaret said...

clorox seems magical sometimes

justacoolcat said...

How do they do it?

Oh yeah, years of torture and manipulation, a crafty lot those mothers.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure there are plenty other manias that make you your mom - all in a good way!