Friday, April 21, 2006

Redneck Woman

Things can get a little heavy sometimes. Not to worry though, life has a way of showing you the lighter side when you need it.

I wore a summer skirt to work today. My reasons were because it's summer weather and because I didn't have to iron it (this always being the most important reason to wear anything).

A coworker took notice.

"Oh! A dress!"

"Yep, I'm lazy."

"Lazy? That's not lazy."

"Well, I didn't have to iron this skirt to wear it, so I'm lazy. Simple."

"Oh, so you're one of those redneck girls, huh?"

"Umm, yeah."

"Cool."

My redneck ancestors would be so proud.



Thanks to Gretchen Wilson for singing a song that, apparently, was about me all along.

3 comments:

Bre said...

1) that is one of my favorite drinking songs of all time (largely because it involves group participation in the "hell yeah" part of the song)
2) Summer is coming! It is! It is!
3) If all being a redneck was about was ironing, there would be far more people classifying themselves as rednecks!!

Anonymous said...

Being from the hills, I usually prefer the term "hillbilly." Redneck works though.

Runner Girl FL said...

Here in Florida not ironing is dressing up!! We take casual to an extreme!! (To the frustration of those who move here sometimes...till they get the hang of it)

Red neck is wearing blue jeans to a wedding and then ironing them so they are your "dress pair" :)